The Epson Group ("Epson") is asking suppliers who deliver parts and raw materials to Epson to cooperate in Epson's green purchasing activities for production materials.
- Basic Principles of Product Substance Assurance
- Green Purchasing Standard
- Surveys on Substances in Products
Epson is committed to a policy of creating and providing earth-friendly products. The elimination of harmful substances and resource conservation are a point of emphasis for us, and we have thus made the procurement of supplies that have a lower environmental impact a priority.
Epson will continue to promote efforts throughout the supply chain to strengthen product substance assurance by tracking and controlling the use of substances in products at every stage from product planning and design to shipping and sales.
We ask for your understanding and cooperation in our efforts.
Basic Principles of Product Substance Assurance
Epson procures production materials on the basis of the following five principles:
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Procure materials from suppliers that can comply with conditions specified in this standard regarding banned substances (e.g., thresholds, parts and locations where substances are present, uses).
- Procure materials from suppliers who can guarantee that banned substances are not present in their products.
- Procure materials from suppliers who can provide data on target substances present in their products.
- Accept goods that have been guaranteed by the supplier.
Green Purchasing Standard
The Epson Group Green Purchasing Standard for Production Materials, Rev. 8
(The latest version: Revised on June 1, 2022 and enacted on September 1, 2022)
Chinese (PDF, 1.2MB)Error correction notice (in Chinese) (PDF, 160KB)
Surveys on Substances in Products
Epson uses two kinds of surveys on substances in products: a standard survey that is used throughout the Epson Group and surveys that are specific to each operations division.